- 4 small baby chickens
- Cilantro leaves and lime wedges, to garnish
- A mixture of wild rice and basmati rice, to serve
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 fresh cilantro roots
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 4 blades lemon grass
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 4 slices fresh ginger
- About 6 tablespoons coconut milk, to brush
- Wash the chickens and dry on paper towels.
- Place all the ingredients for the marinade in a small blender and puree until smooth.
- Rub this marinade mixture into the skin of the chickens, using the back of spoon to spread it evenly over the skins.
- Place a blade of lemon grass, a lime leaf and a piece of ginger in the cavity of each chicken.
- Place the chickens in a roasting pan and brush lightly with the coconut milk. Roast for about 30 minutes in a preheated oven.
- Remove from the oven, brush again with coconut milk, return to the oven and cook for 15 minutes more, until golden and cooked through, depending upon the size of the chickens.
- Serve the baby chickns with the pan juices poured over. Garnish with cilantro leaves and lime wedges and serve with rice.