- 8 slices bread from a medium cut large loaf
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 1/2 oz feta cheese, cut into small cubes
- 4 cherry tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 8 pitted black or green olives, halved
- 8 quails egg, hard cooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- Pinch of superfine sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley sprigs to garnish
- Remove the crusts from the bread. Trim the bread into squares and flatten each piece with a rolling pin.
- Brush the bread with melted butter, and then arrange them in bun or muffins pan. Press a piece of crumpled foil into each bread case to secure in place. Bake in a preheated oven 375 F, for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the feta cheese, tomatoes and olives. Shell the eggs and quarter them. Mix together the olive oil,, vinegar, mustard and sugar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the bread cases from the oven and discard the foil. Leave to cool.
- Just before serving, fill the bread cases with the cheese and tomato mixture. Arrange the eggs on top and spoon over the dressing. Garnish with pasrley sprigs.